Are you Looking for Abu Jani Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on CelebWoods. Abu Jani was born in Mumbai, India. He is a costume designer.
|Real Name||Abu Jani|
|Profession(s)||Costume Designer, Interior Designer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Film Award for Best Costume Design for Devdas (2003)|
• IIFA Award for Best Costume Design for Devdas (2003)
• Zee Cine Award for Best Costume Design for Devdas (2003)
• Honoured for Outstanding Achievement in Arts and Design at the Asian Awards in London (2010)
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abu Jani
- Abu Jani is one of the well-known names in the fashion industry; who works as a duo with Sandeep Khosla.
- He was born and brought up in a well-off Muslim family in Mumbai.
- He has a great interest in the art since his childhood. His school books were full of sketches and doodles.
- In an interview, he said, “I started tracing for my neighbour, who used to embroider when I was in the eighth grade.”
- He applied at the JJ School of Arts to study art but his application got rejected. Then, he started finding other outlets for his creativity and finally switched to fashion.
- He started working with famous designer Xerxes Bhartena and assisted him in designing outfits for various movies. He worked with him for almost five years.
- He began freelancing and designed costumes for ad whiz Alyque Padamsee’s musical Evita and also for the musical Grease Lighting.