|Full Name||Donald John Trump or Donald J Trump|
|Nickname(s)||• The Donald|
• 45, The 45
• Conspiracy Theorist-in-Chief
• President Snowflake
|Height (approx.)||centimeters– 191 cm|
meters– 1.91 m
feet & inches– 6’ 3”
Who Is Donald Trump?
Donald Trump is the 45th President of the United States; he took office on January 20, 2017. Previously, he was a real estate mogul and a former reality TV star. In 1980, he opened the Grand Hyatt New York, which made him the city’s best-known developer. In 2004, Trump began starring in the hit NBC reality series The Apprentice. Trump turned his attention to politics, and in 2015 he announced his candidacy for president of the United States on the Republican ticket. After winning a majority of the primaries and caucuses, Trump became the official Republican candidate for president on July 19, 2016. That November, Trump was elected the 45th President of the United States, after defeating Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.
Parents and Siblings
Trump’s father, Frederick Trump, was a builder and real estate developer who specialized in constructing and operating middle-income apartments in Queens, Staten Island and Brooklyn.
Trump’s mother, Mary MacLeod, immigrated from Tong, Scotland, in 1929 at the age of 17. She and Fred Trump married in 1936. The couple settled in Jamaica, Queens, a neighborhood that was, at the time, filled with Western European immigrants. As the family’s wealth increased, Mary became a New York socialite and philanthropist.
Trump is the fourth of five children.
- Maryanne Trump Barry was a senior judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, but took an inactive stats soon after her brother became president.
- Fred Trump Jr. worked briefly with his father and then became a pilot. He struggled with alcohol and died in 1981 at the age of 43, prompting Donald to announce that he never drinks alcohol or take drugs. “He had a profound impact on my life, because you never know where you’re going to end up,” Trump said.
- Elizabeth Trump Grau is a retired banker who is married to film producer James Grau.
- Robert Trump was Donald’s younger brother who spent much of his career working for the family company. He died in 2020, aged 71.
Trump is currently married to former Slovenian model Melania Trump (née Knauss), who is more than 23 years his junior. In January 2005, the couple married in a highly-publicized and lavish wedding. Among the many celebrity guests at the wedding were Hillary Clinton and former President Bill Clinton.
In 1977, Trump married his first wife Ivana Trump, (née Zelnickova Winklmayr), a New York fashion model who had been an alternate on the 1972 Czech Olympic Ski Team. She was named vice president in charge of design in the Trump Organization and played a major role in supervising the renovation of the Commodore and the Plaza Hotel.
The couple had three children together: Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka and Eric. They went through a highly publicized divorce that was finalized in 1992.
In 1993 Trump married his second wife, Marla Maples, an actress with whom he had been involved for some time and already had a daughter, Tiffany.
Trump would ultimately file for a highly publicized divorce from Maples in 1997, which became final in June 1999. A prenuptial agreement allotted $2 million to Maples.
Trump has five children. He and his first wife, Ivana Trump, had three children together: Donald Trump Jr., born in 1977; Ivanka Trump, born in 1981, and Eric Trump, born in 1984. Trump and his second wife, Marla Maples, had daughter Tiffany Trump in 1993. And current wife Melania Trump gave birth to Trump’s youngest child, Barron William Trump, in March 2006.
In New York City and around the world, the Trump signature is synonymous with the most prestigious of addresses. Among them are the world-renowned Fifth Avenue skyscraper, Trump Tower, and the luxury residential buildings, Trump Parc, Trump Palace, Trump Plaza, 610 Park Avenue, The Trump World Tower (the tallest building on the East Side of Manhattan), and Trump Park Avenue. Mr. Trump was also responsible for the designation and construction of the Jacob Javits Convention Center on land controlled by him, known as the West 34th Street Railroad Yards, and the total exterior restoration of the Grand Central Terminal as part of his conversion of the neighboring Commodore Hotel into the Grand Hyatt Hotel. The development is considered one of the most successful restorations in the City and earned Mr. Trump an award from Manhattan’s Community Board Five for the “tasteful and creative recycling of a distinguished hotel.” Over the years, Mr. Trump has owned and sold many great buildings in New York including the Plaza Hotel (which he renovated and brought back to its original grandeur, as heralded by the New York Times Magazine), the St. Moritz Hotel (three times…and now called the Ritz Carlton on Central Park South) and until 2002, the land under the Empire State Building (which allowed the land and lease to be merged together for the first time in over 50 years). Additionally, the former NikeTown store is owned by Mr. Trump, on East 57th Street and adjacent to Tiffany’s. In early 2008, Gucci opened their largest store in the world in Trump Tower.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• “Humanitarian Award” by the “National Jewish Health” in 1976|
• “Tree of Life Award” by the “Jewish National Fund” in 1983
• Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 1986
• “Worst Supporting Actor” by the “Golden Raspberry Award Foundation” in 1991
• “President’s Medal” by the “Freedom Foundation” in 1995
• Honored with a “Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame” in 2007
• “Muhammad Ali Entrepreneur Award” in 2007
• “Presidential Hero Award” by the “Lois Pope LIFE Foundation” in 2011
• Inducted into the “WWE Hall of Fame” in 2013
• Inducted into the “New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame” in 2015
• “Person of the Year” by “Time Magazine” in 2016
• “Person of the Year” by “Financial Times” in 2016
• “Friends of Zion Award” by “The Friends of Zion Museum” in 2017
• “Most Influential Person” by the “Sports Business Journal” in 2017
• Inducted into the “Atlantic City Boxing Hall of Fame” in 2018
• “Wounded Warrior Project Award” in 2018
• Named in Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” in 2019
• “Bipartisan Justice Award” in 2019 for signing the “First Step Act” into law
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1946 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||73 Years|
|Birthplace||Queens, New York City|
|Hometown||Queens, New York City|
|School||• Kew-Forest School, New York|
• New York Military Academy, Cornwall, New York (1959)
|College/University||• Fordham University, New York (1964)|
• Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (1966)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation from the Fordham University|
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Economics from Wharton
|Address||Mar-a-Lago, Palm Beach, Florida|
Donald Trump Salary (approx.)
|400,000 USD annually (as the President of the United States)|
Donald Trump Net Worth (approx.)