Are you Looking for Hima Das Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Hima Das was born on 9 January 2000 in Dhing, Nagaon, Assam. She is an athlete.
|Real Name||Hima Das|
|Nicknames||Hima, Mon jai, Golden Girl|
|Famous For||Being India’s first track and field gold medallist at the IAAF World Championships in 2018|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg|
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Hair Colour||Brown (Right side of the head is dyed Blonde)|
|Track and Field|
|International Debut||In 2018 at the IAAF World U20 Championships|
|Records (main ones)||• In the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships, she won the Gold medal in 400 meters, clocking a time of 51.46 seconds and became the first Indian track athlete to win a World Championships title in any track event|
• She won Silver Medal in the Asian Games 2018 held in Indonesia.
• She won a Silver Medal at the 2018 Asian Games in Women’s 4 x 400 m relay, and won a Gold Medal in Women’s 400 metres.
|Date of Birth||9 January 2000|
|Age (as in 2018)||18 Years|
|Birthplace||Dhing, Nagaon, Assam|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Shooting, Listening to Music, Watching Movies|
|Boys, Affairs & More|
|Favourite Track Athlete||Ashwini Akkunji|
|Favourite Football Player||Nicolás Vélez (Argentina)|
|Favourite Singer||Zubeen Garg|
|Favourite Films||Mon Jaai, Mission China|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hima Das
- Prior to getting into track, Hima was interested in Football. She used to play football with boys.
- Nipon (Hima’s Coach) spotted her during an inter-district meet. “She was wearing cheap spikes, but she won gold in the 100 and 200. She ran like the wind. I hadn’t seen such a talent in ages,” Nipon said.
- The coach pressurized Hima to shift to Guwahati, 140 km away from her village and convinced her that she had a future in athletics.
- Her parents were initially reluctant to let her go but later they agreed