Are you Looking for Kuldip Nayar Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on CelebWoods. Kuldip Nayar was born on 14 August 1923 in Sialkot, Punjab, British India (now in Punjab, Pakistan). He is a journalist.
|Real Name||Kuldip Nayar|
|Profession(s)||Journalist, Diplomat, Columnist, Author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||14 August 1923|
|Birthplace||Sialkot, Punjab, British India (now in Punjab, Pakistan)|
|Date of Death||23 August 2018|
|Place of Death||New Delhi, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||95 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan|
|College(s)/University||• Forman Christian College Lahore, Pakistan|
• Law College Lahore, Pakistan
• Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University (Evanston, Illinois, United States)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.A. (Hons.) from Forman Christian College Lahore, Pakistan|
• L.L.B. from Law College Lahore, Pakistan
• Studied Journalism from Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University (Evanston, Illinois, United States) in 1952
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Alumni Merit Award by Northwestern University (1999)|
• Astor Award for Press Freedom (2003)
• Shaheed Niyogi Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement in Jounalism (2007)
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Children||Son(s)– Rajiv Nayar (Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kuldip Nayar
- He was born in Sialkot, Punjab (Pakistan) in 1924, and located to India on 14 August 1947 after India’s Partition.
- He began his career as a press reporter with an Urdu Press.
- Then, he worked as an editor for ‘The Statesman;’ its Delhi edition.
- He was one of the journalists who was put in jail during the Indian Emergency (1975-1977). Here is a video of his experience in the jail: