Are you Looking for Nadia Murad Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Nadia Murad was born on Year- 1993 in Village- Kojo, District- Sinjar, Iraq. She is an activist.
|Full Name||Nadia Murad Basee Taha|
|Famous For||Being the first Iraqi to win the Noble Peace Prize|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm|
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg|
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-32|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||Year– 1993|
|Age (as in 2018)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Village– Kojo, District– Sinjar, Iraq|
|School||A High School in Iraq|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Ethnicity||Yazidis or Kurdish|
|Awards, Achievements, Honours||2016: Václav Havel Award for Human Rights by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe|
2016: Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought (with Lamiya Aji Bashar)
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||August 19, 2018|
|Husband/Spouse||Abid Shamdin (Works as a volunteer at Yazda, a non-profit organisation)|
|Parents||Father– Murad Ismail|
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– About 10 brothers and some step-brothers|
Sister– Names Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nadia Murad
- Does Nadia Murad smoke?: Not Known
- Does Nadia Murad drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Before being attacked by militants, her family was living happily in its town, Sinjar. Her father was a farmer.
- On 3 August 2014, when Murad was only 17 or 19 years old. ISIS militants attacked Yazidis community in Sinjar city of Iraq. Militants forced them to leave their home.
- Militants gave community two options: convert to Islam or die. When people refused to convert to Islam, they were murdered.
- Six of Murad’s brothers were killed and some others managed to escape. Militants killed men and took the women and girls.
- Murad was among that group of the girls, which was taken to Mosul from Sinjar and all girls were treated as sex slaves. Murad was gang raped many times by militants.