Are you Looking for Nafisa Ali Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Nafisa Ali was born on 18 January 1957 in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. She is a social worker.
|Real Name||Nafisa Ali|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Social Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey||2004: Contested the Lok Sabha elections unsuccessfully from South Kolkata.|
2009: Contested the Lok Sabha election from Lucknow on the Samajwadi Party ticket after Sanjay Dutt’s disqualification by the Supreme Court on the basis of a prior conviction.
2009: Rejoined the Indian National Congress party and apologised to Sonia Gandhi for contesting on the Samajwadi Party ticket.
|Date of Birth||18 January 1957|
|Age (as in 2018)||61 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Tajpur, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||La Martiniere, Calcutta|
|Educational Qualification||Not known|
|Debut||Film: Junoon (1979)|
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress|
|Hobbies||Photography, Travelling, Cooking|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Colonel R S Sodhi (A Polo Player- Arjuna Awardee)|
|Children||Son– Ajit Sodhi|
Daughter(s)– Pia Sodhi, Armana Sodhi
|Parents||Father– Ahmed Ali (Photographer)|
Mother– Philomena Torresan (A Roman Catholic of Anglo-Indian Heritage)
|Siblings||Brother– Niaz Ali (Motor Rallyist In Australia)|
|Favourite Politician||Barack Obama, Indira Gandhi|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹7 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nafisa Ali
- Does Nafisa Ali smoke?: No
- Does Nafisa Ali drink alcohol?: Yes
- Born to a Muslim father and a Christian mother and married to a Sikh, she perfectly reflects the secularism of India.
- Nafisa Ali was a National Swimming Champion (1972-1974). In an interview, she said “I learnt swimming when I was very young. I used to be called the ‘sizzling water baby’ in those days because I would win all the swimming championships.”
- She won the coveted Miss India title in 1976 and was second runner-up at Miss International in 1977.
- She was even a Jockey at the Calcutta Gymkhana in 1979.
- Her entry in Bollywood was mere a chance. Rishi Kapoor saw her photo on the cover of The Junior Statesman, a popular magazine of that time, and showed it to his father Raj Kapoor. Both were awestruck by her heavenly beauty. Raj Kapoor even offered her a film opposite Rishi, but her father turned it down; as he was not comfortable with the idea of his daughter working in films.
- Following her meeting with Shashi Kapoor and Shyam Benegal on Raj Kapoor’s birthday in Mumbai, she was offered the lead role in ‘Junoon’. She said “My father did not want me to act, but because I had just turned 21, he told me to make my own decision. So, I took the chance and moved to Bombay.”