Are you Looking for Nambi Narayanan Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Nambi Narayanan was born on 1941 in Kerala, India. He is a scientist.
|Full Name||S. Nambi Narayanan|
|Famous For||Being a retired senior official at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||1941|
|Age (as in 2018)||77 Years|
|Hometown||Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu|
|School||DVD Higher Secondary School|
|College/University||• Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai|
• Princeton University, New Jersey
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Mechanical Engineering From Madras University|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son– Sankara Kumar Narayanan (Businessman)|
Daughter– Geetha Arunan (Montessori teacher in Bangalore)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nambi Narayanan
- He joined ISRO in the year 1966.
- In the early 1970s, he invented the liquid fuel rocket technology. He knew that India would need liquid fuelled engines for the upcoming ISRO’s civilian space programmes.
- He was backed by his successor U.R. Rao and the then ISRO chairman Satish Dhawan. Nambi first built the successful 600-kg thrust engine; leading to the development of liquid propellant motors.
- He was assigned the charge of the cryogenics division (the behaviour and the production of materials at low temperature).
- He has worked with prominent scientists of India like Satish Dhawan, Vikram Sarabhai, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, U.R. Rao, etc. and has served ISRO for 35 years.
- He was so tormented and agitated by the false charges that he threatened the Intelligence Bureau Officers that he would make them pay for it. In an interview, he revealed that one of the officers replied that
“Sir, we are doing our duty. If what you are saying is the truth and you are vindicated, you can slap us with your slippers.
- Nambi Narayanan