Are you Looking for Neeraj Chopra Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Neeraj Chopra was born on 24 December 1997 in Khandra, Panipat, Haryana, India. He is an athelete.
|Real Name||Neeraj Chopra|
|Profession||Indian Athlete (Javelin Throw)|
|Famous For||First Indian to win a Gold Medal in Javelin Throw at the Commonwealth Games|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 65 kg
in pounds– 143 lbs
|Track and Field|
|Coach(es)/Mentor(s)||Garry Calvert, Werner Daniels|
|Records (main ones)||• Set a world junior record at the 2016 IAAF World U20 Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland
• Equalled the Indian national record at the 2016 South Asian Games with a throw of 82.23 m
• In 2018, he became the first Indian to win a gold medal in Javelin at the Asian Games, and Commonwealth Games.
|Date of Birth||24 December 1997|
|Age (as in 2017)||20 Years|
|Birthplace||Khandra, Panipat, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Panipat, Haryana, India|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Athlete||Jan Železný (a retired Czech track and field athlete)|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Bike Collection||Pulsar 220|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neeraj Chopra
- Neeraj was born into a farming family in Khandra near Panipat in Haryana.
- He was inspired to become an athlete (in Javelin Throw) after seeing his seniors doing Javelin Throw in his village.
- From 2011 to 2015, he honed his skills in Javelin Throw at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) centre in Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Panchkula.
- India celebrated him for the first time in 2016 when he set a junior world record and got the gold medal at the IAAF World U20 Athletics Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland.