Are you Looking for Om Prakash Chautala Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Om Prakash Chautala was born on 1 January 1935 in Chautala, Punjab, British India. He is a politician.
Being the Former Chief Minister of Haryana
Physical Stats & More
Salt & Pepper
Indian National Lok Dal
• In 1970, he became a member of the Janata Dal and elected for the first time to the Haryana state legislative assembly.
• In 1987, he elected to the Rajya Sabha and served there until 1990.
• In December 1989, he was appointed as the Chief Minister of Haryana for the first time.
• He has served two more short tenures as Haryana Chief Minister from 1990 to 1991.
• In the 1996 state assembly elections, he won a seat and became the opposition leader in the house after the HVP (Haryana Vikas Party) formed a government. The name of the party transformed to the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) in 1998.
• In the 1999 state assembly elections, he again became the Chief Minister of Haryana for the fourth time, with the support from the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party).
• In the 2000 state assembly elections, the Indian National Lok Dal allied with the Bharatiya Janata Party. The INLD formed a government after taking six seats from the BJP, and Chautala became Chief Minister for the fifth time.
• In the state of polls of 2005 and 2009, the INLD failed in forming their government, but Chautala maintained his seat in the assembly in both elections.
• His political career ended in 2013 when he was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for JBT recruitment scam.
Date of Birth
1 January 1935
Age (as in 2018)
Chautala, Punjab, British India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign
Chautala, Sirsa, Haryana, India
Higher Secondary School Gramothan Vidyapeet, Sangria, Rajasthan
Did Not Attend
Sihag Jat Gotra
Village Chautala, Distt. Sirsa, Haryana, India
Reading, Listening to Music
• In 1990, he was involved in a controversy of killing his political opponent.
• In 2008, he was involved in a scam of recruiting over 3000 unqualified teachers in Haryana state illegally from 1999 to 2000. In 2013, under several provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act and the IPC, he was sentenced to ten years imprisonment along with his son, Ajay Singh Chautala.
• 2 charges related to Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property (IPC Section-420)
• 2 charges related to Forgery for cheating (IPC Section-468)
• 2 charges related to Forgery of valuable security, will, etc. (IPC Section-467)
• 2 charges related to Using as genuine a forged document or electronic record (IPC Section-471)
• 2 charges related to Punishment of criminal conspiracy (IPC Section-120B)