Are you Looking for Ram V Sutar Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Ram V Sutar was born on 19 February 1925 in Bombay Presidency, British India. He is a sculptor.
|Full Name||Ram Vanji Sutar|
|Famous For||Sculpting the Statue of Unity in Gujarat, India|
|Debut||1954 (As a Sculptor)|
|Awards/Honours||• Padma Shri (1999)|
• Padma Bhushan (2016)
|Date of Birth||19 February 1925|
|Age (as in 2018)||93 Years|
|Birthplace||Gondur Village, Dhule, Bombay Presidency, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Dhule, Maharashtra, India|
|School||A primary school at his village in Gondur|
|College/University||Sir J.J. School of Art, Mumbai, India|
|Educational Qualification||A Degree in Sculpture|
|Mentor||Shriram Krishna Joshi|
|Hobbies||Reading, Carpentry, Playing Musical Instruments|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year– 1952|
|Children||Son– Anil Sutar (Sculptor)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ram V. Sutar
- Sutar was born to a carpenter father, which was mainly the reason why he started his career as a carpenter.
- His mentor, Shriram Krishna Joshi attracted and motivated him towards drawing and painting.
- At the end of his course at the Sir J.J. School of Art, Sutar was awarded a Gold Medal for modeling (Sculpture).
- Having completed his education, he took a job to renovate the statues of Ajanta and Ellora. He did his job there for 4 years between 1954 and 1958.
- In 1958, Sutar applied for a government job in Delhi and became a technical Assistant (Model) in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B).
- In 1959, he had to leave his government job to become an independent professional sculptor.
- His first notable work was the Chambal Monument, a 45-meter monument at Gandhi Sagar Dam in Madhya Pradesh, India. India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru was very impressed by this work.