Are you Looking for Ramachandra Guha Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Ramachandra Guha was born on 29 April 1958 in Uttar Pradesh (now in Uttarakhand). He is a historian.
|Real Name||Ramachandra Guha|
|Awards/Recognition||• In 2001, awarded Leopold-Hidy Prize of the American Society for Environmental History for his essay “Prehistory of Community Forestry in India.”|
• In 2002, awarded the Daily Telegraph Cricket Society Book of the Year prize for “A Corner of a Foreign Field.”
• In 2003, won the R. K. Narayan Prize at the Chennai Book Fair.
• In May 2008, listed one of the top 100 public intellectuals in the world by the US magazine Foreign Policy.
• In 2009, awarded Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
• In 2011, won Sahitya Akademi Award for India after Gandhi.
• In 2015, won Fukuoka Asian Culture Prize.
|Date of Birth||29 April 1958|
|Age (as in 2016)||58 Years|
|Birth Place||Dehra Dun, Uttar Pradesh (now in Uttarakhand)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|School||The Doon School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|College/University||St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi|
Delhi School of Economics
|Educational Qualifications||BA in Economics in 1977 from St. Stephens, University of Delhi|
Master’s from the Delhi School of Economics
A fellowship program (equivalent to a PhD) on the social history of forestry in Uttarakhand from IIM Calcutta
|Favorite Leader||Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Food||Sticky rice with a curry of fresh Asian greens, Piping hot corn soup|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ramachandra Guha
- Does Ramachandra Guha smoke:? Not Known
- Does Ramachandra Guha drink alcohol:? Not Known
- He was born to a Tamil family and brought up in Dehra Dun, Uttar Pradesh (Now Uttarkhand), India.
- His mother was a high-school teacher and his father was a director at the Forest Research Institute.