Are you Looking for Rekha Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Rekha was born on 10 October 1954 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. She is an actress.
|Real Name||Bhanurekha Ganesan|
|Nickname||The Bollywood Queen, Rekhaji, Madame X|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg|
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Date of Birth||10 October 1954|
|Age (as in 2016)||62 Years|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Church Park Convent, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Gemini Ganesan (Tamil Actor)|
Mother– Pushpavalli (Telugu Actress)
|Favourite Actress||Kangana Ranaut|
|Favourite Actor||Dilip Kumar|
|Favourite Colours||Golden, Red|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Biswajit Chatterjee, Actor|
|Husband/Spouse||Late Vinod Mehra (rumored)|
Late Mukesh Agarwal (m. January 1990; d. October 1990)
|Net Worth||$30 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rekha
- Does Rekha smoke: Not Known
- Does Rekha drink alcohol: Not Known
- Rekha is the illegitimate child of late South Indian actors Gemini Ganesan and Pushpavalli. His father even refused to acknowledge his paternity towards Rekha.
- Rekha has one real sister, five half sisters and one half brother from her father Gemini Ganesan.
- A travel freak, Rekha dreamt of becoming an air hostess in her younger days. However, she was rejected owing to her young age.
- She then started thinking of becoming a nun as her convent school housed many Irish nuns. Poor financial conditions, however, forced young Rekha to work in B and C grade Telugu films.
- During her initial days in the film industry, Rekha was always looked down upon because of her dark complexion and was sometimes even referred to as an ‘ugly duckling.’
- Apart from acting, Rekha has also given her voice-over for other veteran actresses. She dubbed for Neetu Singh in Yaarana (1981) and Smita Patil in Waaris (1988).
- On R. D. Burman’s behest, Rekha even took to singing. She sang two songs in her movie titled Khoobsoorat (1980).
- It is said that the Evergreen diva has no fashion stylist. Since day one, she has been picking up her own clothes and selecting hairstyles of her liking.