Are you Looking for Ritu Kumar Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on CelebWoods. Ritu Kumar was born on 11 November 1944 in Amritsar, Punjab. /She is a fashion designer.
Biography / Wiki
|Real Name||Ritu Kumar|
|Famous For||Her exceptional fashion designing skills|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 158 cm|
in meters– 1.58 m
feet inches– 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg|
in pounds– 130 lbs
|Date of Birth||11 November 1944|
|Age (as in 2017)||73 Years|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Loreto Convent, Tara Hall, Shimla|
|College||Lady Irwin College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Studied Art History at Briarcliff College in New York in 1966|
Studied Museology at Asutosh Museum of Indian Art, part of the University of Calcutta in 1967
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Lifetime Achievement Award by NIFT|
• Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur Award by PHDCC
• Lifetime Achievement Award at the Kingfisher Fashion Fantasia, July 2000 in Bangalore
• Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award
Boy friends and Affairs
Facts About Ritu Kumar
- Does Ritu Kumar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ritu Kumar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She is one of the most renowned female fashion designers in India who has been in the Fashion Industry for the last 40 years.
- She met her husband Shashi Kumar at Lady Irwin College during her graduation, the couple fell in love with each other and married.
- She started her career in a very small town of Kolkata in 1969; using hand-block printing and a couple of small tables.
- She began with evening clothes and bridal wear in the 1960s and 1970s and created a niche for her in the international market within these two decades.
- After becoming a successful entrepreneur in the field of fashion designing in India, in 1996, she expanded her business by opening several branches of her company in other countries including New York, Paris, and London. (London branch closed in 1999)
- The annual turnover of her company at that time was around ₹10 billion, higher than any other Indian Fashion Outlet.