Are you Looking for Saadat Hasan Manto Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Saadat Hasan Manto was born on 11 May 1912 in Paproudi village, Samrala, Ludhiana, Punjab, British India. He is a writer.
|Real Name||Saadat Hasan Manto|
|Profession||Writer, Playwright and Author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm|
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg|
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||11 May 1912|
|Birth Place||Paproudi village, Samrala, Ludhiana, Punjab, British India|
|Date of Death||18 January 1955|
|Place of Death||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Age (at the time of death)||42 Years|
|Death Cause||Multiple organ failure due to excessive alcohol consumption|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Nationality||Indo-Pakistan (Before India’s partition- Indian; after India’s partition- Pakistani)|
|Hometown||Samrala, Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|College/University||Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate|
|Family||Father– Ghulam Hasan Manto (a judge of local court)|
Mother– Sardar Begum
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Travelling|
|Favourite Food||Gajjar Ka Halwa (an Indian sweet dish made of carrots)|
|Favourite Destination||Bombay (now, Mumbai)|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Safia Deen (Later, Safia Manto)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saadat Hasan Manto
- Did Saadat Hasan Manto smoke?: Yes
- Did Saadat Hasan Manto drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born into a middle-class Muslim family in the predominantly Sikh city of Ludhiana in British India.
- Manto was ethnically a Kashmiri, and he was so proud of being a Kashmiri that once he wrote to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru that being ‘beautiful’ was the synonym of being ‘Kashmiri’.
- In 1933, at the age of 21, his life took a turn when he met Abdul Bari Alig (a scholar and polemic writer) in Amritsar. It was Abdul Bari Alig who encouraged him to read French and Russian authors.
- It was through studying the western authors that he learned the art of short story writing, and in his early 20s, he translated French, Russian and English stories into Urdu.