Are you Looking for Shaktikanta Das Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebwoods.com. Shaktikanta Das was born on 26 February 1957 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. He is a retd. Civil Servant (IAS).
|Profession||Retd. Civil Servant (IAS)|
|Known For||Being the 25th Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designation(s)||• Assistant Collector (1982-83)
• Sub Collector (1984)
• Under Secretary (1984)
• Deputy Secretary (1984)
• Managing Director Under Secretary (1987-88)
• Collector (1989-91)
• Joint Secretary (1991-92)
• Secretary Industries Department (2006)
• Special Commissioner Additional Secretary Revenue (2007-08)
• Joint Secretary Ministry of Finance Department of Expenditure (2008-09)
• Joint Secretary Ministry of Finance Department of Economic Affairs (2009-11)
• Additional Secretary Ministry of Finance Department of Economic Affairs (2011-13)
• Special Secretary Ministry of Finance Department of Economic Affairs (2013)
• Secretary Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers (2013-14)
• Secretary Ministry of Finance Department of Revenue (2014-15)
• Secretary Ministry of Finance Department of Economic Affairs (2015-2017)
• A Member of the 15th Finance Commission (2017)
• Governor of Reserve Bank of India (appointed on 11 December 2018)
|Awards, Achievements||In 2017, he was appointed India’s Sherpa till 31 December 2018, for the G20’s Development Track.|
|Date of Birth||26 February 1957|
|Age (as in 2018)||61 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|School||Demonstration Multipurpose School, Bhubaneswar|
|College/University||• St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi
• IIM Bangalore
• National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM), Pune
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BA in History from St. Stephen’s College
• MA in History from St. Stephen’s College
• Advanced Financial Management Course from IIM Bangalore
• Development Banking And Institutional Credit Course from NIBM
|Controversies||• A faction of bureaucrats and politicians criticized his elevation to the Governor of RBI for being a student of History who would deal in the highest matter of economy in the country
• In 2016, questions were asked over his role in the allotment of land to an American firm ‘Sanmina SCI Corporation’ while he was serving in the Tamil Nadu state government in 2007.
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Salary (as the Governor of RBI)||₹90,000 + Other Allowances (as in 2018)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaktikanta Das
- Shaktikanta Das is an Indian bureaucrat who is known for his sprawling career of more than three decades in the All India Services.
- Apart from his native language Oriyan, he is well versed in English, Hindi, and Tamil also.
- After his schooling from Bhubaneshwar, he moved to Delhi for his further studies.
- Shaktikanta has been a student of History; both in his bachelor’s as well as in his master’s.
- After completing his post graduation from the St. Stephen’s College at the University of Delhi, Mr. Das started preparing for the Civil Service Examination, which he passed in 1980 and was allotted the Tamil Nadu Cadre in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- After being inducted into the All India Services, he received in-service professional training in Financial Management in Institute Public Enterprises.
- He also underwent for a diploma in Basic Project Management the from Administrative Staff College of India.
- Mr. Das did mid-career level training from IIM Calcutta and two other courses in Programme Implementation from Himachal Pradesh Institute of Public Administration and Institute of Management in Government.
- As a Civil Servant, Mr. Das has served the Government of India in different capacities.
- After a long career of more than three decades, Shaktikanta Das was retired from the IAS in 2017.
- Post his retirement, Mr. Das played a crucial role in devising some important financial policies as a member of the 15th Finance Commission.